Bringing to Market: e-Novelia
2021-09-29T12:30:00 2021-09-29T12:30:00 - 2021-09-29T13:00:00
Considering the digitalisation of day to day life, the high ratio of non-compliance in chronic diseases treatments and the growing need for easier to use devices, Nemera developed various electronic concepts devices, including a smart add-on for eye droppers, to showcase how electronic improve devices usage by patients. To develop such devices, three elements are essential: the user needs, the regulatory landscape and the engineering capabilities.
This presentation will outline the two first elements, illustrated by our e-Novelia® smart device case.
The presenters will illustrate:
- The overall market expectations for electronic devices, with example of smart ophthalmic device e-Novelia®, that dramatically improves the ophthalmic administration;
- The development process to understand patients’ needs: design research, human factors engineering and user experience design help in gaining a full understanding of the patient journey that can be leveraged to improve patient adherence;
- The regulatory landscape leading the development process of electronic drug delivery devices, introducing the approach on how Nemera proposes to fulfil regulatory expectations
- Key learning objectives of the presentation:
- How electronic in general, e-Novelia®in particular will improve drug administration?How to ensure device usability and human factors?
- How to ensure the compliance of electronic devices with regulation?
Med-Tech gives us the opportunity to show and discuss the types of services that Boddingtons Plastics can offer to our customers. We've seen really good footfall and had several new leads for new devices. The show has been a great success for us and in fact we've booked for next year already.
MedTech Innovation Expo was a fascinating event that gave us new insight and inspiration into the challenges we face and, more importantly, into the solutions to solve those challenges. We’ve already marked the event on our calendar for next year and we can’t wait to see what progress has been made… and perhaps, more importantly, what progress we can aid with our Aether Engine technology!
It was great to speak at this excellent event, very well attended by the NHS and Industry, well organised and plenty of opportunities for networking. Looking forward to coming again next year!
We’ve managed to get a lot of interest of people... It’s a lot bigger than what we expected, and we’ve managed to find unexpected partnerships with companies we didn’t even know existed. We were here last year but we weren’t exhibiting, and we were impressed with the quality and quantity of exhibitors, so we thought it was worth it this year.